Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Interview with Raven McAllan

Please join me in welcoming Raven McAllan today as she shares with us a little about her writing, what's newly published, and what she'd do with her super powers if she had them.

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
1) Links to website and list of books with purchase links.
Website 
Blog


Books available at Breathless Press:
Wallflowers Don't Wilt
Purchase from:
Publisher
Amazon
Bookstrand
All Romance Ebooks

To Please A Lady
Purchase from:
Publisher
Amazon
Bookstrand
All Romance Ebooks

Book Available at Noble Romance:
Taken Identity

2) How long have you been writing? What got you in to writing?
Seriously, just over a year. In reality as long as I've been able to write. I got back into writing after being invited to tea with author Robyn Donald when I was on holiday in New Zealand. Then in late 2010 I entered a competition to write romance. My offering was terrible, but I met my amazing crit group through that.

3) What was your first published book? Looking back, is there anything you’d change about it?
Wallflowers Don't Wilt. Well I like it as it is. Of course there's loads I'd write differently now, but would it still be the same book?

4) What or Who has influenced your writing?
My Crit group Up and Coming Writers. They helped me expand how and what I write.

5) Where do you get your ideas?
I have no idea. They just come to me. I have been known to get out of bed because I had a thought for a story.

6) What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)
Nothing, I switch off and write. I surface to find the cat sitting on my shoulder demanding food, my mobile telling me I have three missed calls and a realization the joint in the oven is now the size of a chop. A charred chop.

7) What genre are you most comfortable with? What would you like to explore?
I like romance, of some description. So far I've written regency erotica, regency menage, contemporary romantic mystery and a contemporary cougar novel. I can't stand sci-fi or horror. I am trying my first go at an adult paranormal.

8) Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
I'd love to be a plotter. I try to be a plotter. Indeed when I start anything I think I am a plotter. Wrong, very wrong. My characters take over. They might let me stick to my outline, If I'm very good to them.

9) Which of your books is your favorite? Why?
I love them all, but I have a soft spot for The Price To Pay, due out from Breathless Press on February 24th. I think because I had to extend myself to write it.

10) Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters? Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes?
Re my personality traits? I hope not, the poor characters if I did.  Likes and dislikes, not that I know off. I'm too fussy!

11) What do you think is the perfect hero/heroine? Why?

You have to see redemption there. You might not like them, but you need to know they can be redeemed. They have to be believable, have some flaws and not take themselves too seriously.

12) What is your latest release? Please share the blurb and purchase info with us.

I have Two.
Taken Identity, available from Noble Romance. 

Blurb:
Gray Reynard was looking for his wife. What he found was a woman who took his breath away and kick-started his libido.

Jules was godsmacked to see the gorgeous hunk on her doorstep looking for Julia Frayne. That's her name, but she'd remember marrying him. And she hadn't.


And To Please a Lady. Available from Breathless Press

Blurb:
When your lovers are lovers themselves, and want you to help them make
the perfect triangle, what do you say? Persuade me of course.

Unconventional, and happy, Hermione is in the enviable position of having not one, but two lovers to attend to her every need. That her lovers are lovers themselves, only adds to the equation.  Berry and Ran feel it’s time to make all their various twosomes, into one splendid threesome. Now all they have to do is persuade Hermione!
Being men, they are too impatient to wait for her answer. Being a woman, she isn’t going to be pushed, shoved or coerced into saying anything until she is good and ready. Patience is a virtue, and one her men needed to get.

13) What do you have in the works?
Well February 24th The Price To Pay as I mentioned. March 9th Almost Entente Cordiale (regency) then (Sorry you might want to have a rest) 2 M/M in an antho. One full length M/M. one hot story in another antho, and a couple I'm waiting to hear about. I think that’s them all. I'm also in the middle of writing a series of YA with a different hat on.

14) Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective authors?
Write as you can, not as you think you should. And ENJOY it.

JUST FOR FUN:
1) What is the sexiest or most erotic thing someone has said to you?
I'll wait for you. (he did)

2) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
Leopard... er because.

3) If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?
Scary, because I'd be all over the place sorting world crap out.

4) If you could be an immortal, what would you want to be? Why?  
Too complicated, being a human is hard enough.

5) If you could change three things in the world, what would they be? Why?
Get rid of poverty, dictatorship and anti social weather! Because they all suck.

6) What would be a perfect date for you?
Somewhere warm, with DH and champagne. Or a good book and champagne lol

7) Is there anywhere you’d like to visit? Why?
I'm lucky, I've been to a  good few places now. We're doing our gap year in two week stints! But to see more of Australia and the far east, I guess. Because I'm nosy! Seriously If I got told no more travelling I've so many memories to pull out and drool over!

8) Do you have any obsessions? What are they?
Don't think so unless you count chocolate? And that's not an obsession it’s a necessity.

9) Do you have a crush on any actor/actress? Who?
Sadly no, too old for all that. I'd have to pull my tummy in and smile a lot.


Book Title: To Please A Lady
Genre: Renency Erotica
Publisher: Breathless Press
Format: ebook
Excerpt: ADULT
She caught sight of her image in the mirror. Rosy nipples showed through the material, their darkened surrounds providing a guide to their presence. Lower, the shadow of dark curls hid her pussy, or was it that they showed the way to where it waited, impatient to feel the hard, usually impatient cocks that it welcomed? Oh the joy of having no pretense, being able to be honest and open about her enjoyment of the act of lovemaking, these last months had been so satisfying; those to come promised to be even more so. Tying the lowest set of ribbons, barely inches below those curls, Hermione could not control her compunction to sooth the throbbing concealed within. Her hand slipped beneath the ribbons, and touched. She closed her eyes to feel with her senses. Ah that first swirl through her curls and then, the sheer pleasure of touching her now wet lips, finding her fingers coated with the evidence of her desire. The intensity of her feelings shot through her like lightening and she gasped. Not from her arousal, however.
Dark velvet covered her eyes.
As she caught her breath, soft hands feathered across her nape as the covering was fastened. Then her hair was pushed to one side, and she experienced the press of lips, kissing where the ribbons from the knot of velvet brushed her back.
"My Love, you started without me? For shame. How shall I punish you?"
Her breath quickened. Her punishment had started! Knowing what those elegant hands were capable of, and unable to see how they explored and excited her to ever more passion, was punishment enough. As her tormentor well knew.
"You were late My Lord, the play started on time, alas without your attendance."
A soft laugh greeted her remark. "Ah Mione-mine. I would be lost without you in my life. Shall I begin act two?"
Oh if it so pleases you, and three, four and five. However, never would she allow her eagerness to show.

You can also find Raven McAllan:

Blog
The Nuthouse Scribblers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Raven & Shannon, what a great interview. Have read, and loved, the excerpt from 'Taken Identity', can't wait to read the rest of it now.