1) Links to website and list of books with purchase links.
You can find me at my website
2) How long have you been writing? What got you in to writing?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. The first story that I can remember writing was back when I was eight years old about a camel who wanted a sweater as he found winter cold.
I have always been driven to tell stories. I got into it for escape purposes and the stories I told were always far more interesting than the life I was living.
3) What was your first published book? Looking back, is there anything you’d change about it?
My first published book was The Ghost Mirror, a young adult novel available from eTreasures Publishing. Looking back, I’d like to have written a longer book, but other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing.
4) What or Who has influenced your writing?
Stephen King has always been a big influence in my writing. Anne Rice, Carol Shields, Margaret Atwood too. I hope to one day write as well as they can!
5) Where do you get your ideas?
Anywhere and everywhere. It can be a bit of conversation I hear, a dream, a memory from long ago. Or I just get an idea and decide to go with it.
6) What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)
If I don’t have music on, I have trouble just letting myself go. I also have to turn off my internet connection as I surf on the web when I should be writing.
7) What genre are you most comfortable with? What would you like to explore?
I’m most comfortable with m/m romance but have recently begun writing dark horror, which is what I actually started out writing within, but got sidetracked along the way.
8) Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
I’m usually a seat of the pants kind of writer. I find plotting can be too constricting. I love to see where the story is going to go on its own and let it grow organically as I write.
9) Which of your books is your favorite? Why?
Oh, gosh, I have to pick a favorite? I would have to say Reaping Shadows and The Fruit Machine (both from Breathless Press). As The Fruit Machine isn’t out yet, I’ll talk about Reaping Shadows. Why is it my favourite? Well, because the entire book was so unexpected for me. It went well beyond the short I had envisioned for it and became (I hope) the first in a trilogy.
10) Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters? Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes?
There is usually a character within each of my novels who is my stand in. I always figure that if I’m not IN the story, I can’t write it. Does that make sense? In Reaping Shadows, for instance, Kale is my mouthpiece. I try not to let my likes, dislikes, etc, influence the character. Instead, I deal with my own issues of self confidence and, for a time, the fact that I had a broken heart that needed mending.
11) What do you think is the perfect hero/heroine? Why?
One who is flawed. If they are perfect, there is nothing they have to go through to help them grow into a better person.
12) What is your latest release? Please share the blurb and purchase info with us.
My latest release is Reaping Shadows from Breathless Press! I’m so thrilled with this books release. (Blurb and purchase info are below).
13) What do you have in the works?
Sometimes too much, I think. I’m working on Knight and Daye Book Two: Blood Magic for Cobblestone Press and a horror novel titled 69B. I’m also working on an app for a collection of short stories I put together.
14) Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective authors?
Just keep writing, keep trying. It’s a difficult task, writing. It IS work, but the rewards are oh so wonderful. Ignore the naysayers and, if it’s your dream to write, realize that dream. Never give up on yourself.
JUST FOR FUN:
1) What is the sexiest or most erotic thing someone has said to you?
The first one I can’t tell you. The second, that I was too intelligent for my age.
2) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I would be a wolf, and not just for the obvious reasons. They run alone, but do find a mate from time to time. They are solitary yet comforted by companionship. And may in fact be smart enough to read. LOL
3) If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?
I’d love to fly. I wouldn’t wear tights or anything, but it would save me a fortune not having to buy bus passes.
4) If you could be an immortal, what would you want to be? Why?
I’d be a vampire. They still look alive and well and just need a drink from time to time.
5) If you could change three things in the world, what would they be? Why?
Ignorance, greed and stupidity. LOL
6) What would be a perfect date for you?
Friday the 13th.
No, seriously, a quiet evening with a bottle of wine, a pizza, a good book, my iPad and my sex boyfriend. And not necessarily in that order. LOL
7) Is there anywhere you’d like to visit? Why?
I’d love to go to Egypt. I’ve studied Egyptology for years and would love to see the Pyramids’.
8) Do you have any obsessions? What are they?
Books, coffee and candy. And more books. Oh, and Harry Potter. LOL
9) Do you have a crush on any actor/actress? Who?
Love Meryl Streep, just because he’s fabulous. And Johnny Depp.
Genre: Romance, m/m
Publisher: Breathless Press