1) Links to website and list of books with purchase links.
List of Books:
Heterosexual Romance:2) How long have you been writing? What got you in to writing?
I've been writing since before I entered kindergarten. It just always seemed like what I was meant to do.
3) What was your first published book? Looking back, is there anything you’d change about it?
My first publication came at the tail end of 2009, and it was a short story called "Even Guys Cry" for the "I Do, Two" anthology. There's always room for improvement in any story, but I think for first efforts, it did pretty well.
4) What or Who has influenced your writing?
I don't really have any external influences on my writing.
5) Where do you get your ideas?
They just pop into my head.
6) What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)
The only thing that hinders me is finding time. Otherwise, I can write anywhere, under any conditions.
7) What genre are you most comfortable with? What would you like to explore?
I like fantasy and contemporary, and I'll probably stay in those.
8) Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
I write things down as they come to me and piece them together later.
9) Which of your books is your favorite? Why?
I love all of them and they're all favorites for different reasons. I really enjoyed writing "Finding Sanctuary" because it allowed me to go to places I hadn't before in sex scenes.
10) Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters? Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes?
Not usually. Some of my characters and I have things in common, but it's not a conscious choice.
11) What do you think is the perfect hero/heroine? Why?
I don't think there's any such thing as a perfect hero or heroine. Everyone is flawed.
12) What is your latest release? Please share the blurb and purchase info with us.
My latest release is a fantasy m/m called Betrayed. It's not like anything I've written before. It's very dark and emotionally challenging.
Blurb: Two years after he lost his soul mate to the war, Faldor still pines for Meldrick. His world is turned upside down when Meldrick appears on his doorstep late one night, seemingly back from the dead. Finally escaped from a prison camp, Meldrick protects a dark secret—one that could rip their rekindled love apart if Faldor ever learned the truth. But the longer they're together, the more questions come up. What really happened two years ago? How did Meldrick escape the prison camp after so long? Is Meldrick still the man Faldor fell in love with? Can Meldrick reconcile who he is with who he was and move beyond his treachery, or will betrayal win?
13) What do you have in the works?
I have 24 WIPs right now, featuring familiar faces and new ones.
14) Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective authors?
Don't give up. Find an established author who is willing to give you some pointers. Be willing to listen to criticism - your words are not gold, and they may not, in fact, be salable. Chose your publisher wisely. Buy several books from several genres from each publisher. Ignore weather or not you actually like the story - pick it apart from a professional point of view. What do you think of the cover? How is the editing? What does the formatting look like? Are there plot holes an editor should've picked up? Are there name and/or eye color changes for the characters? Are there any of your personal pet peeves in the book? (Like characters referring to each other by their first names every other line, or things like "man pussy" or "man tits," or things like impossible sexual acts - people bending in ways only circus performers could achieve or lubeless anal sex). Write your answers down. If they're not favorable, then steer clear. No, it won't matter that your story is a shining example of How to Write Good 101 - if the other works at the publisher suck, you'll be lumped in the suck pile right along with them. Trust me.
JUST FOR FUN:
1) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
Probably a bird, just for the views.
2) If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?
Invisibility. And no, not just to steal stuff and get away with it. LOL It'd also come in handy for avoiding douche bag individuals I have no desire to interact with.
3) If you could be an immortal, what would you want to be? Why?
If I could be immortal without being a vampire, you mean? Yeah, I'd take that. I find the concept of immortality fascinating. I wouldn't be one of those whiny "oh, ::sigh:: the world is dying around me" pussy immortals. I mean, think of the things you could impact - the changes you could watch.
4) If you could change three things in the world, what would they be? Why?
Gender equality, for a start. Why? Well, I'm transgender. I'm a male who was born a female. It's not easy, and we're still - legally - discriminated against in some states. GLBTQ equality. Why? Because it's doesn't matter what the gender orientation of the person I sleep with is, it doesn’t impact anyone else, it's no one's business, and it's certainly no reason to treat me like a second class citizen. And finally, a cure for cancer. For obvious reasons.
5) What would be a perfect date for you?
I'm not very picky. I've been on dates to fancy restaurants and plays, and then I've also been on a date to McDonalds and Toys R' Us. What's important is who I'm with. Nothing else really matters.
6) Is there anywhere you’d like to visit? Why?
Nope. I hate to travel. You're lucky GayRomLit is a recurring thing, or I'd never leave my state.
7) Do you have any obsessions? What are they?
Hmm…No, actually, I don't think I do.
8) Do you have a crush on any actor/actress? Who?
Nope. I'm a person who is more attracted to personality than looks, and since I don't know any of them personally… Don't get me wrong, Gerard Butler is fun to look at, but that's as far as it goes.
Thanks so much to DC Juris for sharing some personal information. Be sure to check out the excerpt for Betrayed.