Monday, June 27, 2011

Reflected Love by Karenna Colcroft

Author: Karenna Colcroft

Book Title: Reflected Love

Genre: Fantasy

Publisher: Pink Petal Books
(part of their Spellbound Treasure line)

Purchase: Here

Format: e-book

 BLURB: Ralie has moved into a new apartment, and the antique mirror she finds on an online auction site is the perfect addition to her bedroom.

Fae soldier Listrial has no need for the mirror he finds in a peddler’s tent while on patrol. But the mirror calls to him, and the small amount of coin he carries is just enough to purchase it.

Through the mirror, Ralie and Listrial discover each other. Is the mirror powerful enough to bring a human and a Fae together? And can their love surmount their differences?

EXCERPT:

“Are you all right?” Listrial asked.

She opened her eyes again and nodded. “Just thinking about what you said. You’re right. The mirror is the only way we can see each other, and that stinks. I wish I knew some way for us to be together.”

“With magic, much is possible.” He touched the mirror’s frame again. “After all, magic has brought us this far. Perhaps there is some way for the mirror to bring us together physically. I wouldn’t know how to find out.”

“Neither would I.” Which might have been a good thing. Her body responded to just the sight of him in ways she hadn’t expected. Tightening in her lower belly, moisture between her legs. Her skin tingled as if brushed by Listrial’s fingertips.

A mental picture of him doing just that, with her lying naked and wanting beneath him, flickered through her head. She inhaled sharply. The sight only increased her arousal, and she had no way to satisfy herself other than taking matters into her own hands, so to speak.

“Are you sure you’re all right?” Listrial asked.

Face hot, she looked at him again and forced a smile. “Just thinking,” she repeated. She refused to tell him about what.

“I think you and I feel the same.” This time, he spoke the words in a low growl. “You are a beautiful woman.”

“Thank you.” His tone brought another rush of desire, and she sat on her hands to keep from touching herself. “You’re very attractive.”

“That is one benefit to only being able to see one another,” he mused. “We can admire each other’s looks. I must be honest with you, Ralie. Looking at you—let us say I find the sight very pleasurable.”

“Not as pleasurable as if we could touch each other.” A small part of her mind wondered at her audacity. The rest of her didn’t care. She had already as much as told him she loved him. There wouldn’t be any harm in telling him she wanted him, too. Especially since he’d already implied that he wanted her.

“I agree.” He reached toward the mirror, stopping his hand with barely a hair-width between it and the glass. “And I would certainly want to touch you if we were able. Am I speaking too freely?”

She licked her lips nervously. “How does this work in your world?” she asked.

“If a woman tells a man she wants him to touch her, is she too free? Does he think badly of her?”

“No. Not if he has half a brain in his head. He thinks how fortunate he is that a beautiful woman would want such a thing from him.”

“Then you aren’t speaking too freely.” She held her hand up to his, careful not to touch the glass. “It’s been a long time since I’ve gone through the whole new relationship song and dance.”

“Song and dance?” he repeated, sounding confused.

Of course he doesn't know slang. Different world. She really needed to be more careful what she said. "Just a saying," she replied. "The whole process."

“Ah.” He looked amused. “I suppose love and desire are a process. Expressing one’s interest, determining whether the other is interested as well, knowing how to state what one wants without offending the other. Which seems to be where we are.” He leaned forward slightly. “You can say whatever is in your heart and mind, Ralie. I won’t take offense or think badly of you.”

She took a deep breath. From the first time she’d seen Listrial, she had wondered about her sanity. Now, about to express both love and lust for a man who might not even exist—He exists, she told herself firmly. And you have a right to say what you want.

“I wish you were here,” she said softly. “I would want you to touch me.”

“Where would you like me to touch?” His voice was husky, filled with longing.
“Would I touch only safe places? Your hand, perhaps your face? Or would you wish my touch in other places as well?”

“Other places.” Again her boldness surprised her. “I would want you to touch me anywhere and everywhere.”

He closed his eyes for a second and inhaled deeply, audibly. “And would you touch me as well?” He looked into her eyes, and the green of his seemed to glow. “Would your hands find their way anywhere and everywhere on my body, Ralie?”

The way he said her name made her shiver. Arousal filled her, and she fought the urge to run her hands over her own body in the absence of Listrial’s. She craved his touch so badly that her own fingers would be a pale substitute, but they would be better than the torture of looking at him and imagining the sensations of his skin against hers.

“Yes,” she said. “If you were with me, I would touch you everywhere.”

“You torment me.” He didn’t sound as if he minded. “Now all I have in my mind is thoughts of your hands on me. Your body against mine. Before, when I saw you and when we spoke, my mind was occupied by attempting to understand how the mirror worked and wondering what to say to you. I no longer have those concerns.” Green embers kindled in his eyes. “I am no longer distracted. I want you.”

She caught her breath as arousal so strong she shook rushed through her. Between her legs, a pulse beat, and her pussy clenched. More than want. She needed Listrial’s touch. Needed to feel his hands, his lips. His cock.

“I want you too,” she whispered, reaching for him.

***

To find out more about Karenna Colcroft and her writing, please visit her:

Website

Also, be sure to check out her author interview.

No comments: