1) Links to website and list of books with purchase links.
All books are available at Amazon.com in Paperback and Ebook (Kindle) and Barnes and Noble in ebook (Nook).
--Kiss of Deceit
--Eyes Of Betrayal, sequel to Kiss Of Deceit.
--Eternally Yours, sequel to Lawfully yours.
--Fear the Dark
--The Hour Before Dawn, sequel to Deadly Obsession
--Love You to Pieces
I have been writing since I was 29….now do I have to tell you my age? J That makes it 19 years of serious writing. I actually started in High School, some short stories and such. But I really didn’t get serious and write my first novel until years later. My kids started school and I was bored, so a neighbor got me started reading romance. I’ve always been a daydreamer, so I thought: I can do this. There has been no turning back and no regrets.
3) What was your first published book? Looking back, is there anything you’d change about it?
My first Published book was DEADLY OBSESSION. It was the 5th written book. I started writing Historical Romance, then a friend suggested I try romantic suspense. I discovered it was what I should have been writing all along. My true calling. I like dark fiction. My Historicals did later get published, but I don’t intend on writing more in that genre. Now I am concentrating on dark paranormal romance. But what would I change about it? Wouldn’t we love to rewrite them? My writing has grown a lot since then.
4) What or Who has influenced your writing?
Sandra Brown was an early influence. I wanted to write just like her. Later in my career, Lara Adrian has become my rock. She has been there to praise, critique and offer me a shoulder when I thought I was ready to give up. She’s been a huge influence on me and the reason I am still writing today.
5) Where do you get your ideas?
Wow…that’s scary considering what I write. My head. Sometimes the smallest thing in life will trigger a book. My mom bought a vacuum sealer and I came up with an entire novel over the idea that formed called LOVE YOU TO PIECES. Hopefully, that will be my next published work. I’m pretty happy with the way the book came out.
6) What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)The Internet! I have little self-discipline and it doesn’t take much for my mind to wander off. I really need to shut that off when I am writing. The family can also be a distraction…they seem to want my time as well. J
7) What genre are you most comfortable with? What would you like to explore?I am most comfortable with Romantic Suspense. I love everything about it. As I said above, though, I am trying my hand at a three book paranormal romance series. I think I have a great idea…but we’ll leave it at that for now. I need to get much further into the book before I make any grand announcements of what my next book is. But so far…I’m liking it.
8) Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
I am a seat-of-the-pants style writer. However, due to some heavy urging from my good friend Lara Adrian…I need to become a better plotter and get a good Outline going before diving in. It would make writing easier.
9) Which of your books is your favorite? Why?
If you are asking published already, I would say EYES OF BETRAYAL. Egan ‘Villain’ Tate is one of my favorite heroes. I loved writing him. He’s a true Bad Boy.
10) Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters? Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes? Absolutely. It would be hard to write and not put myself in my work. I always think it’s funny when someone I know says they can tell I wrote it because of the way I write and the things added to the book.
11) What do you think is the perfect hero/heroine? Why?I love doing heroes, They are my favorite part of the book. Writing them seems so much easier than the heroines. I don’t know why. It just is. And I love Alpha males and strong females to love them. I cannot write a book any other way.
12) Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective authors?
Don’t ever give up. Writing is not easy. Publishing it is even harder. But most of all…listen to your peers and take their advice. Don’t ever think your work is perfect, because there is always something that can be improved upon.
JUST FOR FUN:
1) What is the sexiest or most erotic thing someone has said to you?
You look beautiful…especially when I don’t feel as if I do.
2) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?I think I would love to be a mountain lion. They are such beautiful predators.
3) If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?I would love to be able to fly. I am impatient…so getting somewhere faster and on my own would make life grand!
4) If you could be an immortal, what would you want to be? Why?There can be only one…sorry, I thought of the Highlander first off. But if I could be immortal, I would want to be a vampire. I find them very sexy.
5) If you could change three things in the world, what would they be? Why?World peace. I do not like hate. Prejudiced people. Again, I do not like hate. The ability to forgive. If everyone could forgive, there would be a lot less hate.
6) What would be a perfect date for you?
Dinner and a movie. I love simple…that or maybe he could whisk me away to a tropical island.
7) Is there anywhere you’d like to visit? Why?Hawaii. I’ve always wanted to go there. I probably would never want to come home. It’s paradise, in my opinion. Beaches and warm sunny skies.
8) Do you have any obsessions? What are they?Coffee and chick flicks. I love those silly little movies with happy-ever-afters. They make me smile at the end of the movie…every time. And anything coffee will do…love it!
9) Do you have a crush on any actor/actress? Who?Wow…probably lots of actors. Do I have to pick just one? I love Johnny Depp…so I guess I would have to pick one it would be him. He’s aged very well.
Find out more about Patricia A. Rasey and her writing:
Check out her book excerpt for Kiss of Deceit, below!