1) Links to website and list of books with purchase links.
2) How long have you been writing? What got you in to writing?
Been about five or so years…I am a dedicated (read-obsessive) reader who got tired of reading about wimpy heroes & TSTL heroines who had to have the man rescue her. I wanted to read of tough characters that had hearts of gold, who loved as passionate as they hate. A friend dared me to write something if all I did was complaining and I did. J After a few drafts of really bad books that are sitting in a drawer somewhere, I got it right with Devon Falls series and Sticky Magic was born.
3) What was your first published book? Looking back, is there anything you’d change about it?
Sticky Magic (Devon Falls 1) was my first book I ever wrote and it still amazes me people love this story. I had tinkered at it and I am very proud of this latest version now available from Secret Cravings Publishing.
4) What or Who has influenced your writing?
Actually I love the story of how JK Rawling started out in the business, writing on scraps of paper at coffee shops and whatnot. She is huge and her series, Harry Potter, is still going strong.
5) Where do you get your ideas?
My muse is a crazy nut who loves to drive me nuts giving me story ideas at weird times, such as just as I am drifting off to sleep or walking around town running errands. Just about anything can inspire me-from a newspaper article to a song lyric.
6) What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)
Finding time to write. Between my day job, family and kid activities, I run myself ragged sometimes but I try to fit writing in at least once a day-even if it’s just 500 words or so.
7) What genre are you most comfortable with? What would you like to explore?
I love the paranormal genre as I can have my favorites-vampires, shifters and more-pop in and fantasy is a favorite as well. Just something about elves that makes me swoon. J I am branching out by trying my hand at science fiction/futuristic Ménage (MMF) and M/M stories.
8) Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
I can’t do an outline to save me from drowning. *shakes head* My muse hates them and the one time I did an outline, my story did a total 360 and went in a direction I never expected. So know I just let the characters go nuts and pray it will sound ok. J
9) Which of your books is your favorite? Why?
Actually don’t have just one favorite per say. Haunting Magic was a hoot to write since the heroine Jaxon, was a spitfire and determined not to fall for the bad boy Rodrick but I also have a soft spot for a few WIP’s I am working on.
10) Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters? Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes?
I try to incorporate something like my love of books, chocolate maybe coffee but my characters are each their own person, so to speak. J
11) What do you think is the perfect hero/heroine? Why?
I think a perfect character is an anomaly. I love imperfect characters, with flaws and vulnerabilities. That tough nut with a heart of gold. Those call to me more than anything….all those layers to explore in their personality.
12) What is your latest release? Please share the blurb and purchase info with us.
My upcoming release is Moonlight and Magic, a brand new, never been published Devon Falls story. It is a story of a lonely tiger shifter who finds the woman meant to be his when he visits his friend in Devon Falls. He just never anticipated falling for her like he did.
13) What do you have in the works?
Currently I am going over Fantasies Unbound, my sensual fantasy romance for Secret Cravings for an early 2012 release then I plan to finish a few manuscripts I had started but put aside to work on five months of edits for five books. J I am eager to delve into new stories, characters and more. I plan to get a sci-fi ménage ready to submit to publishers plus two new trilogies I am working on getting out as well as a cowboy/western M/M novella. Lots going on with my muse…I just hope I can get it all done before he sends me new ideas.
14) Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective authors?
enjoy yourself, write, write, write as much as you can whenever you can and keep learning the craft.
JUST FOR FUN:
1) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
It would either be a panther or a lioness. Love the way the animals move.
2) If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?
I think the ability to pop in and out of places…would save on gas and my carbon footprint would be nonexistent. J
3) If you could change three things in the world, what would they be? Why?
That LGBT community would get equal rights no matter what; that climate change is acknowledged and acted on to change or reverse its effect on our planet and for chocolate to be never ending.
4) What would be a perfect date for you?
Anything I do with my honey is a perfect date night, be it watching a dvd at home to going out to dinner-sans kids-and dressing up. J
5) Is there anywhere you’d like to visit? Why?
I would love to visit Ireland, United Kingdom, Scotland, Italy and Greece. Just so I can explore their rich historical sites and experience being out of the states.
6) Do you have any obsessions? What are they?
Oh god…CSI shows, Criminal Minds (the original not that stupid spin-off), Cheesecake from Cheesecake factory, Vin Diesel and Johnny Depp movies. J
7) Do you have a crush on any actor/actress? Who?